Advocacy & Governmental Groups
- National Citizens Coalition for Nursing Home Reform
- NCCNHR provides information and leadership on federal and state regulatory and legislative policy development and models and strategies to improve care and life for residents of nursing homes and other long term care facilities.
- US Senate Committee on Aging
- The Special Committee on Aging studies issues, conducts oversight of programs, and investigates reports of fraud and waste on matters relating to older Americans. Its findings and recommendations serve as a focal point in the Senate for discussion, debate, and ultimately legislation. In addition, the Committee publishes materials of assistance to those interested in public policies which relate to the elderly.
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) is a national resource for elder rights, law enforcement and legal professionals, public policy leaders, researchers, and the public. The Center's mission is to promote understanding, knowledge sharing, and action on elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation. The NCEA is administered under the auspices of the National Association of State Units on Aging.
Useful Online Resources
- AARP: Care & Family
- Tips for managing the stresses of caregiving, forums to talk with other caregivers, and assistance in selecting the right assisted living facility.
- Goldberg, Persky, and White, P.C.
- For over 20 years, Goldberg, Persky, and White, P.C. has been a leader in personal injury lawsuits. In addition to nursing home abuse cases, GPW has been a pioneer in mesothelioma and asbestos litigation. GPW's attorneys are also experienced in personal injury, medical malpractice, toxic injury, and car accident cases. GPW is the largest plaintiffs firm in Pennsylvania and has offices in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Michigan, but welcomes your contact regardless of your state of residence. Its attorneys are licensed in many different states and the firm files and tries cases nationwide.